August 27, 2017
Twelfth Sunday after Pentecost
8:00 a.m. Rite I - Chapel
9:15 a.m. Rite III - Outdoor Commons
10:30 a.m. Rite II - Nave
|Lectionary Page||For Kids!|
About Our Worship Ministry:
St. Timothy's offers a variety of inspiring worship experiences in the Episcopal tradition. Service times are 8:00 a.m. (Rite I), 9:15 a.m. (Outdoor Service—available in the summer months only), and 10:30 a.m. (Rite II). A 5 p.m. evening service is also held after the summer. Each Sunday morning service is different in tone, yet connected with one another through the orderly liturgy of the Book of Common Prayer. The congregation is encouraged to "travel to all the services rather than becoming three sub-congregations.
Children are welcome and encouraged to worship with their families at St. Timothy's. During the school year, a Children's Chapel program is conducted during a portion of the 10:30 service. This program provides music and the Word in a fun and accessible format geared toward the grade school-aged child.
The various services offer numerous opportunities for the people of St. Timothy's to use their gifts to enhance and lead the worship as they follow their call to serve as:
- Acolytes: persons sixth grade and older who serve at the altar and assist the priest.
- Altar Guild: responsible for the sacred vessels, vestments and appearance of the worship space.
- Children's Chapel Leaders: lead the children in a child-friendly portion of the liturgy.
- Choirs: lead the congregation in singing.
- Intercessors: lead the Prayers of the People.
- Instrumentalists: lead the music at the services
- Eucharistic Ministers: serve the chalice and assist at the altar.
- Eucharistic Visitors: bring communion to the homebound.
- Worship Leaders: lead services of Morning or Evening Prayer.
- Lectors: proclaim the Scripture lessons.
- Oblationers: bring the bread and wine to the altar.
- Ushers: provide hospitality and oversee well-being of congregation.
Special Services are celebrated during all the days of Holy Week. We also have offered services of Evensong, and a Taize service of healing in Lent. Anointing for healing is offered during the Communion time on the last Sunday of the month.
|Men's Book Study||9:30 AM|
|Women's Book Study||11:00 AM|
|God's Children Sing||4:00 PM|
|St. Timothy's Ringers||5:00 PM|
|Adult Handbell||5:45 PM|
|Adult Choir||7:00 PM|
|Ladies Bible Study||1:00 PM|
|The Holy Eucharist, Rite I||8:00 AM|
|Christian Formation||9:30 AM|
|The Holy Eucharist, Rite II||10:30 AM|